Ok, halfpintpixie hit Tibsy and I with a tag, so here’s my part for what it’s worth …
8 random things about me
- I ditched the corporate world in favour of teaching yoga, and now it seems that I’ve ditched everything in favour of hanging out with a super cute 7 month old. Now I never want to ditch that.
- I gave birth at home in 4 hours. It seems in retrospect that that was the easy part.
- One of my secret pleasures is going to the movies by myself. Not that I’ve done that in 7 months.
- I spent 3 months in India getting up pre-dawn to throw my body around a yoga mat for a few hours and then recover by drinking excessive amounts of chai. It was weird to just relive some of it myself here.
- I like to cook. Sshh, don’t tell anyone. My favourite part is grinding spices in my mortar and pestle or smashing up basil in it with a little olive oil.
- I love London but I miss home. I love London because of all the little villages, the fact that I never have to go very far to get what I need and see people I know. I love that the staff of the local french cafe all know my name and invite me to their childrens’ birthday parties. I love the guy in the shop who sneaks me cake and pastries because he doesn’t like his boss. I love the Indian ladies in the health shop who give me free pears from their tree and have wonderful unlabelled homemade curries in the freezer for those times I’ve lost the energy to cook.
- I love the smell of second hand bookshops. It is like history is cluttered in the shelves and between the pages.
- I will give up anything for my breastfeeding son, but not my daily coffee.
Will that do halfpint? I know you added a bonus points number 9, but I can’t think of any right now. I’ll edit it if I think of something super.
So I will tag:
- the rest of the SIFTW bunch
- and Finngarianmama
if you care to play.